What information might be collected?
We collect personal information that allows you to get information from our website or apps. This will generally include your name and email address, but may include other items as well. If you are required to pay for a particular service, we will collect information necessary to process payment such as credit card numbers and billing address.
Teachers who utilize our service in their classrooms will provide student names and any parent email addresses required to provide updates on student performance. Classhopper will collect student performance information, as recorded by teachers, and provide reporting back to teachers. It is each teacher’s and school’s responsibility to manage this information in accordance with local and state laws and policies.
How is information safeguarded?
At the beginning of each school year, a teacher may be required to purge the preceding year’s data in order to continue using Classhopper. This is because Classhopper is intended to be used to support instruction, and not for ongoing data analysis or research. Classhopper is a signatory to the Student Privacy Pledge, agreeing to a set of principles intended to safeguard student privacy, including responsible stewardship, protection, and transparent handling of student personal information. Basically this means we agree to:
- Not sell student information
- Not behaviorally target advertising
- Use data for authorized education purposes only
- Not change privacy policies without notice and choice
- Enforce strict limits on data retention
- Support parental access to, and correction of errors in, their children’s information
- Provide comprehensive security standards
- Be transparent about collection and use of data